USS CARL VINSON Deployment

USS CARL VINSON Deployment

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Underway from San Diego

Well, it was a beautiful day when we pulled out.  The flight deck was manned with sailors in their blues.  I was starting to get the schedule put together for the next day.
I got a chance to get to the flight deck just as we were passing Point Loma.  HS-15 did their best impression of a Blue Angel formation as their helicopters approached the ship and did a few laps prior to landing.  Looking good!
We got off to the races right away...helos landing, started the Carrier Qualifications with the airwing, and began events for the Strike Group portion of the first few days.  Lots of balls in the air right now...

As the meetings and planning continue, I'll keep posting what I see here in my little world...

No comments: